MEDITATION & MINDFULNESS CLASSES – THEMES & DATES
ALL AT WALNUT GROVE CLINIC, PORTISHEAD – TO BOOK CALL 01275 818303 - £10 per class.
INTRODUCTION TO MEDITATION & MINDFULNESS - FIRST SATURDAY OF EVERY MONTH - Classes: 7 July 2018 at 11.30, 4 August 2018 at 11.30am, 1 September 2018 at 11.30am, 6 October 2018 at 11.30am, 3 November 2018 at 11.30am, 1 December 2018 at 11.30am.
Not sure if meditation & mindfulness is for you, or want to learn more? Or are you stuck in a rut with your own practice? Come along to learn the basics, and try lots of different practical exercises! Our "Introduction to meditation & mindfulness" classes are always nearer to 90 minutes (see below).
You might wish to bring a notebook & pen to these sessions, as well a square comfortable cushion of your own, large enough for you to sit on (if you can’t sit on the floor, that’s fine, chairs will be available if needed). A lightweight blanket is also often a good idea – please bring one along if you’d like. Loose and comfortable clothing is recommended, such as a T shirt and tracksuit trousers. Classes run for a minimum of 60 mins, up to a maximum of 90 minutes, since we allow time for everyone to settle in, and then to ask any questions at the end of the session.
Our meditation classes in Portishead are all at Walnut Grove Clinic, with a maximum of 8 people per session, to allow time and space for reflection and discussion.
There are limited parking spaces at Walnut Grove, either directly outside or behind the building, but a free public car park is less than 10 mins walk away in Roath Road, Portishead.
GENERAL CLASSES: 7 July 2018 at 10.15am, 21 July 2018 at 10.15am or 11.30am, 4 August 2018 at 10.15am, 18 August 2018 at 10.15am or 11.30am, 1 September 2018 at 10.15am, 15 September 2018 at 10.15am or 11.30am (further dates later in the year to be confirmed).
As well as the above introductory classes, we run fortnightly general meditation classes, tailored to suit you. Our classes are general, so we can work with you to achieve your goals. We always run a session if only one person is booked in, so you then get "one to one" tuition. Our general classes include:
- Meditation and mindfulness to relax, aimed at recharging your batteries!
- Practical exercises to help you restore your balance, and see how to look after yourself with meditation and mindfulness.
- Lots of short meditations, and mindfulness tips and tricks! See how easy it is to fit this into everyday life.
- Learn how to use meditation & mindfulness to help with anxiety and stress, with simple coping techniques.
- Suffering from migraine, arthritis, or any other limiting condition? We can look at meditations to help cope with pain, and a way to look at any long term symptoms differently through mindfulness.
- Don't like to sit still? Learn walking meditation & how to "tune in" to your body through mindfulness, appreciating how amazing our bodies are.
- Want to eat more healthily? We look at bad habits, and how to help break them by taking a more mindful approach to eating.